Be Ready for your Overseas Removal day
- Ensure you have packed or clearly separated the items you need for your own personal journey.
- Ensure you have all the documents you need and that they are not in an item to be packed such as a bureau. These items may include your passport, visa documents, car documents, plane tickets etc.
- Ensure that items not to be packed and shipped are either clearly marked or separated from those you do want packed.
- Items such as fridges or freezers should be prepared before hand by ensuring they are clean and dry to avoid problems with them being sealed when packed.
- You must make sure that items associated with outside i.e. garden or garage items are cleaned and prepared ready for packing. Most countries have very strict rules for items where bio security is an issue.
- Items of furniture that have been allowed for being flat packed must be dismantled ready for the packers (unless we have agreed to do this for you). Make sure you mark the sections to assist with the re-assembly at the other end.
- On arrival of the packing team make sure you show them all of the items they need to pack and remove.
- For any boxes or cartons that you have packed for shipment make sure you have a generalised list of the contents. This must be given to the crew or sent to our office as it is a requirement for customs clearance.